To the massive relief of crores of Indians, live cricket and IPL, in particular, is back. The 13th edition of IPL 2020 will be held in UAE from 19th September to 10th November. Despite the scale of the event, it will be a monumental task to ensure that all guidelines are adhered to once teams enter the bio-secure bubble.
BCCI has released a detailed set of SOPS for the smooth functioning of the tournament. To gain more clarity on them, a brief overview of them is given below-
• Regular testing before entering the bio-secure environment and throughout the course of IPL 2020 to prevent the reduce the risk of the spread of the virus.
• Social distancing, use of face masks and respiratory etiquette have to be strictly followed.
• All teams will be put up in a separate hotel.
• Bio-secure bubble protocols have to be maintained in the match and training venue, hotels, dressing rooms, during transportation, meetings at all time.
• Virtual meetings will be preferred and player sand staff to always sit on designated seats on the match day as well.
• A team doctor is to be appointed by all franchises for ensuring bio-secure guidelines.
• Players to use their own equipment.
• No handshakes or contact between teams.
• Masks need not be worn on match days on the field.
• No ban on families travelling with the players and team support staff, however, the bio-secure environment protocols are to be followed.